Pawhuska FD responds to house fire, fatality
Pawhuska Fire Chief Gip Allen said that a house fire about 3 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 25 apparently resulted in a death. Allen said the fire broke out at a house on the north side of 10th Street, at its intersection with Ruble Avenue.
Allen said Jan. 26 that a man's name had been given to firefighters , to identify the body of the deceased, but there had been no official confirmation of identity. The house where the fire took place was a complete loss, Allen said. It was an older house.
Allen said a representative of the state Fire Marshal's office was reviewing the fire, and that while a cause had not been assigned, it was possible there was an electrical cause related to the use of space heaters.
"That's kind of what he told me," Allen said.