Pawhuska man, 28, named in child sex abuse charges

Mike ErwinJournal-Capital
Pawhuska man, 28, named in child sex abuse charges

Multiple charges of sexual abuse have been brought against a 28-year-old Pawhuska man for allegedly taking advantage of two teenage girls last summer.

Quinton A. Riddle is charged with four counts of child sexual abuse, as well as separate charges of first-degree rape (by force or fear) and rape by instrumentation.

Riddle had been arrested July 16 and was formally arraigned last Tuesday. He currently is being held on a $2.5 million bond. A status conference for the case is scheduled Thursday afternoon in Osage County District Court.

According to local prosecutors, the case involves girls who were 14 and 15 years old when the crimes reportedly occurred. Most of the allegations are believed to have taken place in June and July of 2014, officials said. At least some of the incidents are alleged to have happened at Riddle’s residence in the 300 block of East Seventh Street, the charges claim.

A probable-cause affidavit that was filed by investigators from the Osage County Sheriff’s Office states that information obtained from the alleged victims indicates Riddle committed eight or more acts of child sexual abuse. It claims that at least three of the alleged incidents occurred in Osage County.

The affidavit says the 14-year-old claimed Riddle repeatedly groped her and had attempted to rape her at his residence in Pawhuska. Investigators for a municipal police force in Nebraska told local authorities the 15-year-old had told them she had been raped multiple times by Riddle., the affidavit states. The older victim further alleged that he molested her on several occasions at his home and at a location in Wynona.

Additionally, the girl said she and the defendant had sex “more than 10 times” when she was babysitting for him in Nebraska, according to the local affidavit.

Riddle was previously convicted in Osage County of a felony — second-degree forgery — in August 2013. His sentencing had been deferred for four years in that case, on line court records show.