Around The County
OCHS HOSTING BOOK SALE
The Osage County Historical Society is hosting a book sale through the end of July with discounts of 10-50 percent. Large selection includes Osage County authors. Open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday at 700 Leahy. Call 918-287-9119 for more information.
‘ANNIE’S PROJECT’ TO TEACH FARM/RANCH SKILLS TO WOMEN
Women of Osage County have the opportunity to enroll in “Annie’s Project,” a course designed to provide women with management and leadership skills necessary to efficiently manage their farm, ranch or agricultural endeavors.
Participants will learn:
• Personality evaluation and how to work with other personalities in your family/business with a hands-on presentation called “StrengthQuest.”
• Working with and managing Millennials.
• Farm Family Financial Management.
• Business Management (Goal Setting, Objective Setting, Evaluation).
• Legal Issues With Property Ownership & Estate Planning.
• Insurance For Family and Business.
• Current Livestock Issues.
• Marketing and Branding your Business.
Participants will receive a leather portfolio, a “jump drive” pre-loaded with Annie’s Project courses and a binder with all the course material. Classes will be held from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Fridays beginning Aug. 7 and continuing through Sept. 18 at the Osage Country Fairgrounds. Lunch will be served during each course.
For more on this event, call 918-287-4170 or email@example.com.