‘American Ultra,’ ‘Hitman: Agent 47’ debut this week
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Hitman: Agent 47 — An assassin teams up with a woman to help her find her father and uncover the mysteries of her ancestry. Stars Rupert Friend, Hannah Ware. Rated R.
• American Ultra — A stoner — who is in fact a government agent — is marked as a liability and targeted for extermination. But he’s too well-trained and too high for them to handle. Stars Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart, Connie Britton. Rated R.
• Sinister 2 — A young mother and her twin sons move into a rural house that’s marked for death. Stars James Ransone, Shannyn Sossamon. Rated R.
• No Escape — In their new overseas home, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed. Stars Lake Bell, Pierce Brosnan, Owen Wilson. Rated R. (Starts Tuesday)
• The Man From U.N.C.L.E. — In the early 1960s, CIA agent Napoleon Solo and KGB operative Illya Kuryakin participate in a joint mission against a mysterious criminal organization, which is working to proliferate nuclear weapons. Stars Henry Cavill, Armie Hammer. Rated PG-13.
• Straight Outta Compton — The group NWA emerges from the streets of Compton, California in the mid-1980s and revolutionizes Hip Hop culture with their music and tales about life in the hood. O’Shea Jackson Jr., Corey Hawkins. Rated R.
• The Fantastic Four — Four young outsiders teleport to an alternate and dangerous universe which alters their physical form in shocking ways. The four must learn to harness their new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy. Stars Miles Teller, Kate Mara. Rated PG-13.
• Mission: Impossible-Rogue Nation — Ethan and team take on their most impossible mission yet, eradicating the Syndicate — an International rogue organization as highly skilled as they are, committedto destroying the IMF. Stars Tom Cruise, Rebecca Ferguson, Jeremy Renner. Rated PG-13.
• Minions (2D and 3D) — Minions Stuart, Kevin and Bob are recruited by Scarlet Overkill, a super-villain who, alongside her inventor husband Herb, hatches a plot to take over the world. Voices of Pierre Coffin, Sandra Bullock, Jon Hamm. Rated PG.
Synopses from the Internet Movie Database website, imdb.com.