‘Pixels’ debuts this week
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Paper Towns — A young man and his friends embark upon the road trip of their lives to find the missing girl next door. Stars Nat Wolff, Cara Delevingne. Rated PG-13.
• Pixels (2D and 3D) — When aliens misinterpret video feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war, they attack the Earth in the form of the video games. Stars Adam Sandler, Kevin James. Rated PG-13.
• Trainwreck — Having thought that monogamy was never possible, a commitment-phobic career woman may have to face her fears when she meets a good guy. Stars Amy Schumer, Bill Hader. Rated R.
• Vacation — Rusty Griswold takes his own family on a road trip to “Walley World” in order to spice things up with his wife and reconnect with his sons. Stars Ed Helms, Christina Applegate. Rated R. (Starts Tuesday).
• Ant-Man (2D and 3D) — Armed with a super-suit with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang must embrace his inner hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, plan and pull off a heist that will save the world. Stars Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Corey Stoll. Rated PG-13.
• Minions (2D and 3D) — Minions Stuart, Kevin and Bob are recruited by Scarlet Overkill, a super-villain who, alongside her inventor husband Herb, hatches a plot to take over the world. Voices of Pierre Coffin, Sandra Bullock, Jon Hamm. Rated PG.
• The Gallows — 20 years after a horrific accident during a small town school play, students at the school resurrect the failed show in a misguided attempt to honor the anniversary of the tragedy - but soon discover that some things are better left alone. Stars Cassidy Gifford, Pfeifer Brown. Rated R.
• Self/less — An extremely wealthy man, dying from cancer, undergoes a radical medical procedure that transfers his consciousness into the body of a healthy young man. But all is not as it seems when he starts to uncover the mystery of the body’s origin and the organization that will kill to protect its cause. Stars Ryan Reynolds, Matthew Goode, Ben Kingsley. Rated PG-13.
• Terminator Genisys (2D and 3D) — ohn Connor sends Kyle Reese back in time to protect Sarah Connor, but when he arrives in 1984, nothing is as he expected it to be. Stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke. Rated PG-13.
• Inside Out — After young Riley is uprooted from her Midwest life and moved to San Francisco, her emotions — Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness — conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school. Voices of Amy Poehler, Bill Hader. Raged PG.
• Jurassic World (2D and 3D) — Twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond. After 10 years of operation and visitor rates declining, in order to fulfill a corporate mandate, a new attraction is created to re-spark visitor’s interest, which backfires horribly. Stars Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Ty Simpkins. Rated PG-13.
Synopses from the Internet Movie Database website, imdb.com.