‘Minions’ take over theaters this week
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Minions (2D and 3D) — Minions Stuart, Kevin and Bob are recruited by Scarlet Overkill, a super-villain who, alongside her inventor husband Herb, hatches a plot to take over the world. Voices of Pierre Coffin, Sandra Bullock, Jon Hamm. Rated PG.
• The Gallows — 20 years after a horrific accident during a small town school play, students at the school resurrect the failed show in a misguided attempt to honor the anniversary of the tragedy - but soon discover that some things are better left alone. Stars Cassidy Gifford, Pfeifer Brown. Rated R.
• Self/less — An extremely wealthy man, dying from cancer, undergoes a radical medical procedure that transfers his consciousness into the body of a healthy young man. But all is not as it seems when he starts to uncover the mystery of the body’s origin and the organization that will kill to protect its cause. Stars Ryan Reynolds, Matthew Goode, Ben Kingsley. Rated PG-13.
• Ted 2 — Newlywed couple Ted and Tami-Lynn want to have a baby, but in order to qualify to be a parent, Ted will have to prove he’s a person in a court of law. Stars Mark Wahlberg, Amanda Seyfried, voice of Seth MacFarlane. Rated R.
• Magic Mike XXL — Three years after Mike bowed out of the stripper life at the top of his game, he and the remaining Kings of Tampa hit the road to Myrtle Beach to put on one last blow-out performance. Stars Channing Tatum. Rated R.
• Terminator Genisys (2D and 3D) — ohn Connor sends Kyle Reese back in time to protect Sarah Connor, but when he arrives in 1984, nothing is as he expected it to be. Stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke. Rated PG-13.
• Max — A dog that helped US Marines in Afghanistan returns to the U.S. and is adopted by his handler’s family after suffering a traumatic experience. Stars Thomas Haden Church, Josh Wiggins. Rated PG. (Starts Monday)
• Inside Out (2D and 3D) — After young Riley is uprooted from her Midwest life and moved to San Francisco, her emotions — Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness — conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school. Voices of Amy Poehler, Bill Hader. Raged PG.
• Jurassic World (2D and 3D) — Twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond. After 10 years of operation and visitor rates declining, in order to fulfill a corporate mandate, a new attraction is created to re-spark visitor’s interest, which backfires horribly. Stars Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Ty Simpkins. Rated PG-13.
Synopses from the Internet Movie Database website, imdb.com.