‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘San Andreas’ premiere this weekend
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• San Andreas — In the aftermath of a massive earthquake in California, a rescue-chopper pilot makes a dangerous journey across the state in order to rescue his estranged daughter. Stars Dwayne Johnson, Carla Gugino. Rated PG-13.
• Tomorrowland — Bound by a shared destiny, a teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor embark on a mission to unearth the secrets of a place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory. Stars George Clooney, Britt Robertson, Hugh Laurie. Rated PG.
• Poltergeist (2D and 3D) — A family whose suburban home is haunted by evil forces must come together to rescue their youngest daughter after the apparitions take her captive. Stars Sam Rockwell, Rosemarie DeWitt. Rated PG-13.
• Mad Max: Fury Road (2D and 3D) — In a stark desert landscape where humanity is broken, two rebels just might be able to restore order: Max, a man of action and of few words, and Furiosa, a woman of action who is looking to make it back to her childhood homeland. Stars Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron. Rated R.
• Pitch Perfect 2 — After a humiliating command performance at Lincoln Center, the Barden Bellas enter an international competition that no American group has ever won in order to regain their status and right to perform. Stars Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson. Rated PG-13.
• Hot Pursuit — An uptight and by-the-book cop tries to protect the outgoing widow of a drug boss as they race through Texas pursued by crooked cops and murderous gunmen. Stars Reese Witherspoon, Sofia Vergara. Rated PG-13.
• Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D and 3D) — When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and it is up to the Avengers to stop the villainous Ultron from enacting his terrible plans. Stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo. Rated PG-13.
• Furious 7 — Deckard Shaw seeks revenge against Dominic Toretto and his family for the death of his brother. Stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson. Rated PG-13.
Synopses from the Internet Movie Database website, imdb.com.