‘Jupiter Ascending,’ ‘SpongeBob,’ ‘Seventh Son’ movie debut
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Jupiter Ascending (2D and 3D) — In a bright and colorful future, a young destitute caretaker gets targeted by a ruthless son of a powerful family that live on a planet in need of a new heir, so she travels with a genetically engineered warrior to the planet in order to stop his tyrant reign. Stars Channing Tatum, Mila Kunis. Rated PG-13.
• Seventh Son — Young Thomas is apprenticed to the local Spook to learn to fight evil spirits. His first great challenge comes when the powerful Mother Malkin escapes her confinement while the Spook is away. Stars Ben Barnes, Julianne Moore, Jeff Bridges. Rated PG-13.
• The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (2D and 3D) — SpongeBob goes on a quest to discover a stolen recipe that takes him to our dimension, our world, where he tangles with a pirate. Stars Tom Kenny, Antonio Banderas. Rated PG.
• Project Almanac — A group of teens discover secret plans of a time machine, and construct one. However, things start to get out of control. Stars Amy Landecker, Sofia Black-D’Elia. Rated PG-13.
• The Loft — Five married guys conspire to secretly share a penthouse loft in the city—a place where they can carry out hidden affairs and indulge in their deepest fantasies. But the fantasy becomes a nightmare when they discover the dead body of an unknown woman in the loft, and they realize one of the group must be involved. Stars Karl Urban, James Marsden, Wentworth Miller. Rated R.
• Strange Magic — Goblins, elves, fairies and imps, and their misadventures sparked by the battle over a powerful potion. Voice of Evan Rachel Wood, Elijah Kelly, Kristin Chenoweth. Rated PG.
• Paddington — A young Peruvian bear travels to London in search of a home. Finding himself lost and alone at Paddington Station, he meets the kindly Brown family, who offer him a temporary haven. Stars Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins. Rated PG.
• The Wedding Ringer — Two weeks shy of his wedding, a socially awkward guy enters into a charade by hiring the owner of a company that provides best men for grooms in need. Stars Kevin Hart, Josh Gad, Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting. Rated R.
• American Sniper — Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle’s pinpoint accuracy saves countless lives on the battlefield and turns him into a legend. Back home to his wife and kids after four tours of duty, however, Chris finds that it is the war he can’t leave behind. Stars Bradley Cooper, Sienna Miller. Rated R.
Synopses from the Internet Movie Database website, imdb.com.