‘Project Almanac,’ ‘The Loft’ open this week
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Project Almanac — A group of teens discover secret plans of a time machine, and construct one. However, things start to get out of control. Stars Amy Landecker, Sofia Black-D’Elia. Rated PG-13.
• The Loft — Five married guys conspire to secretly share a penthouse loft in the city—a place where they can carry out hidden affairs and indulge in their deepest fantasies. But the fantasy becomes a nightmare when they discover the dead body of an unknown woman in the loft, and they realize one of the group must be involved. Stars Karl Urban, James Marsden, Wentworth Miller. Rated R.
• Mortdecai — Juggling angry Russians, the British Mi5, and an international terrorist, debonair art dealer and part time rogue Charlie Mortdecai races to recover a stolen painting rumored to contain a code that leads to lost Nazi gold. Stars Johnny Depp, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ewan McGregor. Rated R.
• Strange Magic — Goblins, elves, fairies and imps, and their misadventures sparked by the battle over a powerful potion. Voice of Evan Rachel Wood, Elijah Kelly, Kristin Chenoweth. Rated PG.
• The Wedding Ringer — Two weeks shy of his wedding, a socially awkward guy enters into a charade by hiring the owner of a company that provides best men for grooms in need. Stars Kevin Hart, Josh Gad, Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting. Rated R.
• Paddington — A young Peruvian bear travels to London in search of a home. Finding himself lost and alone at Paddington Station, he meets the kindly Brown family, who offer him a temporary haven. Stars Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins. Rated PG.
• American Sniper — Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle’s pinpoint accuracy saves countless lives on the battlefield and turns him into a legend. Back home to his wife and kids after four tours of duty, however, Chris finds that it is the war he can’t leave behind. Stars Bradley Cooper, Sienna Miller. Rated R.
• Taken 3 — Ex-government operative Bryan Mills is accused of a ruthless murder he never committed or witnessed. As he is tracked and pursued, Mills brings out his particular set of skills to find the true killer and clear his name. Stars Liam Neeson, Forest Whitaker, Maggie Grace. Rated PG-13.
Synopses from the Internet Movie Database website, imdb.com.