‘Mortdecai,’ ‘Strange Magic’ debut this week
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Mortdecai — Juggling angry Russians, the British Mi5, and an international terrorist, debonair art dealer and part time rogue Charlie Mortdecai races to recover a stolen painting rumored to contain a code that leads to lost Nazi gold. Stars Johnny Depp, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ewan McGregor. Rated R.
• Strange Magic — Goblins, elves, fairies and imps, and their misadventures sparked by the battle over a powerful potion. Voice of Evan Rachel Wood, Elijah Kelly, Kristin Chenoweth. Rated PG.
• Blackhat — A furloughed convict and his American and Chinese partners hunt a high-level cybercrime network from Chicago to Los Angeles to Hong Kong to Jakarta. Stars Chris Hemsworth, Viola Davis. Rated R.
• The Wedding Ringer — Two weeks shy of his wedding, a socially awkward guy enters into a charade by hiring the owner of a company that provides best men for grooms in need. Stars Kevin Hart, Josh Gad, Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting. Rated R.
• Paddington — A young Peruvian bear travels to London in search of a home. Finding himself lost and alone at Paddington Station, he meets the kindly Brown family, who offer him a temporary haven. Stars Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins. Rated PG.
• American Sniper — Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle’s pinpoint accuracy saves countless lives on the battlefield and turns him into a legend. Back home to his wife and kids after four tours of duty, however, Chris finds that it is the war he can’t leave behind. Stars Bradley Cooper, Sienna Miller. Rated R.
• Taken 3 — Ex-government operative Bryan Mills is accused of a ruthless murder he never committed or witnessed. As he is tracked and pursued, Mills brings out his particular set of skills to find the true killer and clear his name. Stars Liam Neeson, Forest Whitaker, Maggie Grace. Rated PG-13.
• Into the Woods — A witch tasks a childless baker and his wife with procuring magical items from classic fairy tales to reverse the curse put on their family tree. Stars Anna Kendrick, Meryl Streep, Chris Pine. Rated PG.
• Unbroken — After a near-fatal plane crash in WWII, Olympian Louis Zamperini spends a harrowing 47 days in a raft with two fellow crewmen before he’s caught by the Japanese navy and sent to a prisoner-of-war camp. Stars Jack O’Connell, Takamasa Ishihara. Rated PG-13.