‘Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies,’ ‘Annie,’ ‘Night at the Museum’ sequel hit theaters
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Annie — A foster kid, who lives with her mean foster mom, sees her life change when business tycoon and New York mayoral candidate Will Stacks makes a thinly-veiled campaign move and takes her in. Stars Quvenzhane Wallis, Cameron Diaz, Jamie Foxx. Rated PG.
• Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb — Larry spans the globe, uniting favorite and new characters while embarking on an epic quest to save the magic before it is gone forever. Stars Ben Stiller, Robin Williams, Owen Wilson. Rated PG.
• Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2D and 3D) — Bilbo and Company are forced to engage in a war against an array of combatants and keep the terrifying Smaug from acquiring a kingdom of treasure and obliterating all of Middle-Earth. Stars Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage.
• Exodus: Gods and Kings (2D and 3D) — The defiant leader Moses rises up against the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses, setting 600,000 slaves on a monumental journey of escape from Egypt and its terrifying cycle of deadly plagues. Stars Christian Bale, Joel Edgerton, Ben Kingsley. Rated PG-13.
• Penguins of Madagascar — Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private join forces with undercover organization The North Wind to stop the villainous Dr. Octavius Brine from destroying the world as we know it. Voices of Tom McGrath, Chris Miller, Christopher Knights. Rated PG.
• Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 — When Katniss destroys the games, she goes to District 13 after District 12 is destroyed. She meets President Coin who convinces her to be the symbol of rebellion, while trying to save Peeta from the Capitol. Stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth. Rated PG-13.
• Big Hero 6 — A special bond develops between plus-sized inflatable robot Baymax, and prodigy Hiro Hamada, who team up with a group of friends to form a band of high-tech heroes. Voices of Ryan Potter, Scott Adsit, Jamie Chung. Rated PG.
• The Gambler — Lit professor and gambler Jim Bennett’s debt causes him to borrow money from his mother and a loan shark. Further complicating his situation is his relationship with one of his students. Will Bennett risk his life for a second chance? Stars Mark Wahlberg, Jessica Lange, John Goodman. Rated R. (Opens Wednesday)
• The Interview — Dave Skylark and producer Aaron Rapoport run the celebrity tabloid show “Skylark Tonight.” When they land an interview with a surprise fan, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un, they are recruited by the CIA to turn their trip to Pyongyang into an assassination mission. Stars James Franco, Seth Rogen. Rated R. (Opens Wednesday)
• Unbroken — After a near-fatal plane crash in WWII, Olympian Louis Zamperini spends a harrowing 47 days in a raft with two fellow crewmen before he’s caught by the Japanese navy and sent to a prisoner-of-war camp. Stars Jack O’Connell, Takamasa Ishihara. Rated PG-13. (Opens Wednesday)