‘Big Hero 6,’ ‘Interstellar’ blast into theaters this week
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Interstellar (3D) — A group of explorers make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage. Stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain. Rated PG-13.
• Big Hero 6 (2D and 3D) — A special bond develops between plus-sized inflatable robot Baymax, and prodigy Hiro Hamada, who team up with a group of friends to form a band of high-tech heroes. Voices of Ryan Potter, Scott Adsit, Jamie Chung. Rated PG.
• Nightcrawler — When Lou Bloom, a driven man desperate for work, muscles into the world of L.A. crime journalism, he blurs the line between observer and participant to become the star of his own story. Aiding him in his effort is Nina, a TV-news veteran. Stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Rene Russo, Bill Paxton. Rated R.
• Ouija — A group of friends must confront their most terrifying fears when they awaken the dark powers of an ancient spirit board. Stars Olivia Cooke, Ana Coto. Rated PG-13.
• Book of Life (2D and 3D) — Manolo, a young man who is torn between fulfilling the expectations of his family and following his heart, embarks on an adventure that spans three fantastic worlds where he must face his greatest fears. Voices of Diego Luna, Zoe Saldana, Channing Tatum. Rated PG.
• Fury — April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Out-numbered, out-gunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany. Stars Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf. Rated R.
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at the Eastland Four discount movies. For show times, call 918-333-3222.
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles — When a kingpin threatens New York City, a news reporter find a quad of mutants which makes an alliance to unravel Shredder’s plan as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Stars Megan Fox, Will Arnett. Rated PG-13.
• Dawn of the Planet of the Apes — 10 years after a disease that spread around the globe, Apes who have survived the disease go head-to-head with a group of human survivors and a traitor who is hell bent on destroying humans and apes, triggering the unbalanced war for peace. Stars Gary Oldman, Keri Russell. Rated PG-13.
• Planes: Fire and Rescue — When Dusty learns that his engine is damaged and he may never race again, he joins a forest fire and rescue unit to be trained as a firefighter. Voices of Dane Cook, Ed Harris, Julie Bowen. Rated PG.
• How to Train Your Dragon 2 — When Hiccup and Toothless discover an ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace. Voices of Jay Baruchel, Cate Blanchett, Gerard Butler. Rated PG.