‘John Wick,’ ‘St. Vincent’ debut this week
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• John Wick — An ex-hitman comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that took everything from him. Stars Keanu Reeves, Michael Nyqvist. Rated R.
• St. Vincent — A young boy whose parents have just divorced finds an unlikely friend and mentor in the misanthropic, bawdy, hedonistic war veteran who lives next door. Stars Bill Murray, Melissa McCarthy, Naomi Watts. Rated PG-13.
• Ouija — A group of friends must confront their most terrifying fears when they awaken the dark powers of an ancient spirit board. Stars Olivia Cooke, Ana Coto. Rated PG-13.
• Book of Life (2D and 3D) — Manolo, a young man who is torn between fulfilling the expectations of his family and following his heart, embarks on an adventure that spans three fantastic worlds where he must face his greatest fears. Voices of Diego Luna, Zoe Saldana, Channing Tatum. Rated PG.
• Fury — April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Out-numbered, out-gunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany. Stars Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf. Rated R.
• The Best of Me — A pair of former high school sweethearts reunite after many years when they return to visit their small hometown. Stars James Marsden, Michelle Monaghan. Rated PG-13.
• Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day — Alexander’s day begins with gum stuck in his hair, followed by more calamities. Though he finds little sympathy from his family and begins to wonder if bad things only happen to him, his mom, dad, brother, and sister all find themselves living through their own terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Stars Steve Carell, Jennifer Garner. Rated PG.
• The Judge — Big city lawyer Hank Palmer returns to his childhood home where his father, the town’s judge, is suspected of murder. Hank sets out to discover the truth and, along the way, reconnects with his estranged family. Stars Robert Downey Jr., Robert Duvall, Vera Farmiga. Rated R.
• Annabelle — A couple begin to experience terrifying supernatural occurrences involving a vintage doll shortly after their home is invaded by satanic cultists. Stars Ward Horton, Annabelle Wallis. Rated R.
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at the Eastland Four discount movies. For show times, call 918-333-3222.
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles — When a kingpin threatens New York City, a news reporter find a quad of mutants which makes an alliance to unravel Shredder’s plan as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Stars Megan Fox, Will Arnett. Rated PG-13.
• Dawn of the Planet of the Apes — 10 years after a disease that spread around the globe, Apes who have survived the disease go head-to-head with a group of human survivors and a traitor who is hell bent on destroying humans and apes, triggering the unbalanced war for peace. Stars Gary Oldman, Keri Russell. Rated PG-13.
• Planes: Fire and Rescue — When Dusty learns that his engine is damaged and he may never race again, he joins a forest fire and rescue unit to be trained as a firefighter. Voices of Dane Cook, Ed Harris, Julie Bowen. Rated PG.
• How to Train Your Dragon 2 — When Hiccup and Toothless discover an ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace. Voices of Jay Baruchel, Cate Blanchett, Gerard Butler. Rated PG.