‘Dolphin Tale 2’ swims into theaters
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Dolphin Tale 2 — The team of people who saved Winter’s life reassemble in the wake of her surrogate mother’s passing in order to find her a companion so she can remain at the Clearwater Marine Hospital. Stars Morgan Freeman, Ashley Judd, Nathan Gamble. Rated PG.
• As Above, So Below — When a team of explorers ventures into the catacombs that lie beneath the streets of Paris, they uncover the dark secret that lies within this city of the dead. Stars Perdita Weeks, Ben Feldman. Rated R.
• The November Man — An ex-CIA operative is brought back in on a very personal mission and finds himself pitted against his former pupil in a deadly game involving high level CIA officials and the Russian president-elect. Stars Pierce Brosnan, Luke Bracey, Olga Kurylenko. Rated R.
• If I Stay — Life changes in an instant for young Mia Hall after a car accident puts her in a coma. During an out-of-body experience, she must decide whether to wake up and live a life far different than she had imagined. Stars Chloe Grace Moretz, Mireille Enos, Jamie Blackley. Rated PG-13.
• When the Game Stands Tall — The journey of legendary football coach Bob Ladouceur, who took the De La Salle High School Spartans from obscurity to a 151-game winning streak that shattered all records for any American sport. Stars Jim Caviezel, Alexander Ludwig. Rated PG.
• Let’s Be Cops — Two struggling pals dress as police officers for a costume party and become neighborhood sensations. But when these newly-minted “heroes” get tangled in a real life web of mobsters and dirty detectives, they must put their fake badges on the line. Stars Jake Johnson, Damon Wayans Jr. Rated R.
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2D and 3D) — Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April O’Neil and her cameraman Vern Fenwick to save the city and unravel Shredder’s diabolical plan. Stars Megan Fox, Will Arnett. Rated PG-13.
• Guardians of the Galaxy (2D and 3D) — In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan. Stars Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper. Rated PG-13.
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at the Eastland Four discount movies. For show times, call 918-333-3222.
• Earth to Echo — After receiving a bizarre series of encrypted messages, a group of kids embark on an adventure with an alien who needs their help. Stars Teo Halm, Astro, Reese Hartwig. Rated PG.
• Million Dollar Arm — A sports agent stages an unconventional recruitment strategy to get talented Indian cricket players to play Major League Baseball. Stars Jon Hamm, Aasif Mandvi, Alan Arkin. Rated PG.
• Maleficent — A vengeful fairy is driven to curse an infant princess, only to discover that the child may be the one person who can restore peace to their troubled land. Stars Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning. Rated PG.
• Transformers: Age of Extinction — A mechanic and his family join the Autobots as they are targeted by a bounty hunter from another world. Stars Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz. Rated PG-13.