‘The Giver,’ ‘Let’s Be Cops,’ ‘Expendables 3’ hit theaters
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• The Giver — In a seemingly perfect community, without war, pain, suffering, differences or choice, a young boy is chosen to learn from an elderly man about the true pain and pleasure of the “real” world. Stars Brenton Thwaites, Jeff Bridges, Meryl Streep. Rated PG-13.
• The Expendables 3 — Barney augments his team with new blood for a personal battle: to take down Conrad Stonebanks, the Expendables co-founder and notorious arms trader who is hell bent on wiping out Barney and every single one of his associates. Stars Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li. Rated PG-13.
• Let’s Be Cops — Two struggling pals dress as police officers for a costume party and become neighborhood sensations. But when these newly-minted “heroes” get tangled in a real life web of mobsters and dirty detectives, they must put their fake badges on the line. Stars Jake Johnson, Damon Wayans Jr. Rated R.
• Into the Storm — Storm trackers, thrill-seekers, and everyday townspeople document an unprecedented onslaught of tornadoes touching down in the town of Silverton. Stars Richard Armitage, Sarah Wayne Callies. Rated PG-13.
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2D and 3D) — Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April O’Neil and her cameraman Vern Fenwick to save the city and unravel Shredder’s diabolical plan. Stars Megan Fox, Will Arnett. Rated PG-13.
• Step Up All In (2D and 3D) — All-stars from the previous Step Up installments come together in glittering Las Vegas, battling for a victory that could define their dreams and their careers. Stars Ryan Guzman, Briana Evigan. Rated PG-13.
• Guardians of the Galaxy (2D and 3D) — In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan. Stars Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper. Rated PG-13.
• Lucy — A woman, accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic. Stars Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman. Rated R.
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at the Eastland Four discount movies. For show times, call 918-333-3222.
• Neighbors — A couple with a newborn baby face unexpected difficulties after they are forced to live next to a fraternity house. Stars Seth Rogen, Rose Byrne, Zac Efron. Rated R.
• Heaven is for Real — A small-town father must find the courage and conviction to share his son’s extraordinary, life-changing experience with the world. Stars Greg Kinnear, Kelly Reilly, Thomas Haden Church. Rated PG.
• Edge of Tomorrow — An officer finds himself caught in a time loop in a war with an alien race. His skills increase as he faces the same brutal combat scenarios, and his union with a Special Forces warrior gets him closer and closer to defeating the enemy. Stars Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Bill Paxton. Rated PG-13.
• Captain America: Winter Soldier — Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and battles a new threat from old history: the Soviet agent known as the Winter Soldier. Stars Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson. Rated PG-13.
• Rio 2 — It’s a jungle out there for Blu, Jewel and their three kids after they’re hurtled from Rio de Janeiro to the wilds of the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in, he goes beak-to-beak with the vengeful Nigel, and meets his father-in-law. Voices of Jesse Eisenberg, Anne Hathaway. Rated G.