Onslaught of tornadoes, ninja turtles hits theaters
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Into the Storm — Storm trackers, thrill-seekers, and everyday townspeople document an unprecedented onslaught of tornadoes touching down in the town of Silverton. Stars Richard Armitage, Sarah Wayne Callies. Rated PG-13.
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2D and 3D) — Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April O’Neil and her cameraman Vern Fenwick to save the city and unravel Shredder’s diabolical plan. Stars Megan Fox, Will Arnett. Rated PG-13.
• Step Up All In (2D and 3D) — All-stars from the previous Step Up installments come together in glittering Las Vegas, battling for a victory that could define their dreams and their careers. Stars Ryan Guzman, Briana Evigan. Rated PG-13.
• Guardians of the Galaxy (2D and 3D) — In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan. Stars Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper. Rated PG-13.
• Get On Up — A chronicle of James Brown’s rise from extreme poverty to become one of the most influential musicians in history. Stars Chadwick Boseman, Nelsan Ellis, Dan Aykroyd. Rated PG-13.
• Lucy — A woman, accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic. Stars Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman. Rated R.
• Hercules (2D and 3D) — Having endured his legendary twelve labors, Hercules, the Greek demigod, has his life as a sword-for-hire tested when the King of Thrace and his daughter seek his aid in defeating a tyrannical warlord. Stars Dwayne Johnson, John Hurt, Ian McShane. Rated PG-13.
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at the Eastland Four discount movies. For show times, call 918-333-3222.
• Heaven is for Real — A small-town father must find the courage and conviction to share his son’s extraordinary, life-changing experience with the world. Stars Greg Kinnear, Kelly Reilly, Thomas Haden Church. Rated PG.
• Edge of Tomorrow — An officer finds himself caught in a time loop in a war with an alien race. His skills increase as he faces the same brutal combat scenarios, and his union with a Special Forces warrior gets him closer and closer to defeating the enemy. Stars Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Bill Paxton. Rated PG-13.
• Godzilla — The world’s most famous monster is pitted against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity’s scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence. Stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston. Rated PG-13.
• Captain America: Winter Soldier — Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and battles a new threat from old history: the Soviet agent known as the Winter Soldier. Stars Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson. Rated PG-13.
• Rio 2 — It’s a jungle out there for Blu, Jewel and their three kids after they’re hurtled from Rio de Janeiro to the wilds of the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in, he goes beak-to-beak with the vengeful Nigel, and meets his father-in-law. Voices of Jesse Eisenberg, Anne Hathaway. Rated G.