‘Amazing Spider-Man 2’ slings into theaters
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2D and 3 D) — Peter Parker runs the gauntlet as the mysterious company Oscorp sends up a slew of supervillains against him, impacting on his life. Stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx. Rated PG-13.
• Brick Mansions — An undercover Detroit cop navigates a dangerous neighborhood that’s surrounded by a containment wall with the help of an ex-con in order to bring down a crime lord and his plot to devastate the entire city. Stars Paul Walker, David Belle. Rated PG-13.
• The Other Woman — After discovering her boyfriend is married, Carly soon meets the wife he’s been cheating on. And when yet another affair is discovered, all three women team up to plot mutual revenge on the three-timing SOB. Stars Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, Kate Upton. Rated PG-13.
• Transcendence — As Dr. Will Caster works toward his goal of creating an omniscient, sentient machine, a radical anti-technology organization fights to prevent him from establishing a world where computers can transcend the abilities of the human brain. Stars Johnny Depp, Rebecca Hall, Morgan Freeman. Rated PG-13.
• A Haunted House 2 — Having exorcised the demons of his ex, Malcolm is starting fresh with his new girlfriend and her two children. After moving into their dream home, however, Malcolm is once again plagued by bizarre paranormal events. Stars Marlon Wayans, Jaime Pressly. Rated R.
• Heaven is for Real — A small-town father must find the courage and conviction to share his son’s extraordinary, life-changing experience with the world. Stars Greg Kinnear, Kelly Reilly. Rated PG.
• Rio 2 (2D and 3D) — It’s a jungle out there for Blu, Jewel and their three kids after they’re hurtled from Rio de Janeiro to the wilds of the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in, he goes beak-to-beak with the vengeful Nigel, and meets the most fearsome adversary of all: his father-in-law. Voices of Jesse Eisenberg, Anne Hathaway. Rated G.
• Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2D and 3D) — Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and battles a new threat from old history: the Soviet agent known as the Winter Soldier. Stars Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson. Rated PG-13.
• God’s Not Dead — College student Josh Wheaton’s faith is challenged by his philosophy professor, who believes God does not exist. Stars Willie Robertson, David A.R. White. Rated PG.
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at the Eastland Four discount movies. For show times, call 918-333-3222.
• Mr. Peabody and Sherman — The time-travelling adventures of an advanced canine and his adopted son, as they endeavor to fix a time rift they created. Voices of Ty Burrell, Max Charles, Stephen Colbert. Rated PG.
• Robocop — In 2028 Detroit, when Alex Murphy — a loving husband, father and good cop — is critically injured in the line of duty, the multinational conglomerate OmniCorp sees their chance for a part-man, part-robot police officer. Stars Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton. Rated PG-13.
• Lone Survivor — Marcus Luttrell and his team set out on a mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shah, in late June 2005. Marcus and his team are left to fight for their lives in one of the most valiant efforts of modern warfare. Stars Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Emile Hirsch. Rated R.
• Gravity — A medical engineer and an astronaut work together to survive after a catastrophe destroys their shuttle and leaves them adrift in orbit. Stars Sandra Bullock, George Clooney. Rated PG-13.
• The Nut Job — An incorrigibly self-serving exiled squirrel finds himself helping his former park brethren raid a nut store to survive, that is also the front for a human gang’s bank robbery. Voices of Will Arnett, Brendan Fraser. Rated PG.