‘Noah,’ ‘Sabotage’ debut, ‘Nut Job,’ ‘Walter Mitty’ encore at Eastland
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Noah — A man is chosen by God to undertake a momentous mission of rescue before an apocalyptic flood destroys the world. Stars Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Anthony Hopkins. Rated PG-13.
• Sabotage — Members of an elite DEA task force find themselves being taken down one by one after they rob a drug cartel safe house. Stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sam Worthington. Rated R.
• God’s Not Dead — College student Josh Wheaton’s faith is challenged by his philosophy professor, who believes God does not exist. Stars Willie Robertson, David A.R. White. Rated PG.
• Muppets Most Wanted — While on a grand world tour, the Muppets find themselves wrapped into an European jewel-heist caper headed by a Kermit the Frog look-alike and his sidekick. Stars Ricky Gervais, Tina Fey. Rated PG.
• Divergent — In a world divided by factions based on virtues, Tris learns she’s Divergent and won’t fit in. When she discovers a plot to destroy Divergents, Tris and the mysterious Four must find out what makes Divergents dangerous before it’s too late. Stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James. Rated PG-13.
• Mr. Peabody and Sherman (2D and 3D) — The time-travelling adventures of an advanced canine and his adopted son, as they endeavor to fix a time rift they created. Voices of Ty Burrell, Stephen Colbert. Rated PG.
• 300: Rise of an Empire — Greek general Themistokles leads the charge against invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes and Artemisia, vengeful commander of the Persian navy. Stars Sullivan Stapleton, Rodrigo Santoro. Rated R.
• Non-Stop — An air marshal springs into action during a transatlantic flight after receiving a series of text messages that put his fellow passengers at risk unless the airline transfers $150 million into an off-shore account. Stars Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore. Rated PG-13.
• The Lego Movie — An ordinary LEGO minifigure, mistakenly thought to be the extraordinary MasterBuilder, is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil LEGO tyrant from gluing the universe together. Voices of Will Arnett, Elizabeth Banks. Rated PG.
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at the Eastland Four discount movies. For show times, call 918-333-3222.
• The Nut Job — An incorrigibly self-serving exiled squirrel finds himself helping his former park brethren raid a nut store to survive, that is also the front for a human gang’s bank robbery. Voices of Will Arnett, Brendan Fraser. Rated PG.
• The Secret Life of Walter Mitty — A day-dreamer escapes his anonymous life by disappearing into a world of fantasies filled with heroism, romance and action. When his job along with that of his co-worker are threatened, he takes action in the real world embarking on a global journey that turns into an adventure more extraordinary than anything he could have ever imagined. Stars Ben Stiller, Kristen Wiig. Rated PG.
• Ride Along — Fast-talking security guard Ben joins his cop brother-in-law James on a 24-hour patrol of Atlanta in order to prove himself worthy of marrying Angela, James’ sister. Stars Ice Cube, Kevin Hart. Rated PG-13.
• August: Osage County — A look at the lives of the strong-willed women of the Weston family, whose paths have diverged until a family crisis brings them back to the Oklahoma house they grew up in, and to the dysfunctional woman who raised them. Stars Meryl Streep, Dermot Mulroney, Julia Roberts. Rated R.
• Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 — Flint Lockwood now works at The Live Corp Company for his idol Chester V. But he’s forced to leave his post when he learns that his most infamous machine is still operational and is churning out menacing food-animal hybrids. Stars the voices of Bill Hader, Anna Faris. Rated PG.