‘August: Osage County,’ ‘Jack Ryan’ debut
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• August: Osage County — A look at the lives of the strong-willed women of the Weston family, whose paths have diverged until a family crisis brings them back to the Oklahoma house they grew up in, and to the dysfunctional woman who raised them. Stars Meryl Streep, Dermot Mulroney, Julia Roberts. Rated R.
• Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit — Jack Ryan, as a young covert CIA analyst, uncovers a Russian plot to crash the economy with a terrorist attack. Stars Chris Pine, Kevin Costner. Rated PG-13.
• Ride Along — Fast-talking security guard Ben joins his cop brother-in-law James on a 24-hour patrol of Atlanta in order to prove himself worthy of marrying Angela, James’ sister. Stars Ice Cube, Kevin Hart. Rated PG-13.
• The Nut Job (2D and 3D) — Surly, a curmudgeon, independent squirrel is banished from his park and forced to survive in the city. Lucky for him, he stumbles on the one thing that may be able to save his life, and the rest of park community, as they gear up for winter — Maury’s Nut Store. Voices of Will Arnett, Brendan Fraser, Liam Neeson. Rated PG.
• Devil’s Due — After a mysterious, lost night on their honeymoon, a newlywed couple finds themselves dealing with an earlier-than-planned pregnancy. The husband begins to notice odd behavior in his wife and, as the months pass, it becomes evident that the dark changes to her body and mind have a much more sinister origin. Stars Allison Miller, Zach Gilford. Rated R.
• The Legend of Hercules (2D and 3D) — Betrayed by his stepfather, the King, and exiled and sold into slavery because of a forbidden love, Hercules must use his formidable powers to fight his way back to his rightful kingdom. Stars Kellan Lutz, Gaia Weiss. Rated PG13.
• Lone Survivor — Based on the failed June 28, 2005 mission “Operation Red Wings,” four members of SEAL Team 10 were tasked with the mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shahd. Stars Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch. Rated R.
• Frozen — Fearless optimist Anna teams up with Kristoff in an epic journey, encountering Everest-like conditions, and a hilarious snowman named Olaf in a race to find Anna’s sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom in eternal winter. Voices of Kristen Bell, Josh Gad. Rated PG.
• The Hunger Games: Catching Fire — Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark become targets of the Capitol after their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion in the Districts of Panem. Stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson. Rated PG13.
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at the Eastland Four discount movies. For show times, call 918-333-3222.
• The Best Man Holiday — When college friends reunite after 15 years over the Christmas holidays, they discover just how easy it is for long-forgotten rivalries and romances to be reignited. Stars Monica Calhoun, Morris Chestnut. Rated R.
• Ender’s Game — The International Military seek out a leader who can save the human race from an alien attack. Ender Wiggin, a brilliant young mind, is recruited and trained to lead his fellow soldiers. Stars Harrison Ford, Hailee Steinfeld. Rated PG13.
• Escape Plan — When a structural-security authority finds himself set up and incarcerated in the world’s most secret and secure prison, he has to use his skills to escape. Stars Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger. Rated R.
• Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 — Flint Lockwood now works at The Live Corp Company for his idol Chester V. But he’s forced to leave his post when he learns that his most infamous machine is still operational and is churning out menacing food-animal hybrids. Stars the voices of Bill Hader, Anna Faris. Rated PG.
• Free Birds — Two turkeys from opposite sides of the tracks must put aside their differences and team up to travel back in time to change the course of history — and get turkey off the holiday menu for good. Stars the voices of Woody Harrelson, Owen Wilson, Dan Fogler. Rated PG.