‘Jobs,’ ‘The Butler’ start Friday in area theaters
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Kick-Ass 2 — The costumed high-school hero Kick-Ass joins with a group of normal citizens who have been inspired to fight crime in costume. Meanwhile, the Red Mist plots an act of revenge that will affect everyone Kick-Ass knows. Stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Grace Moretz. Rated R.
• Lee Daniels’ The Butler — An African-American’s eyewitness accounts of notable events of the 20th century during his tenure as a White House butler. Stars Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey. Rated PG13.
• Jobs — The story of Steve Jobs’ ascension from college dropout into one of the most revered creative entrepreneurs of the 20th century. Stars Ashton Kutcher, Dermot Mulroney. Rated PG13.
• Planes — (Ends Wednesday) Dusty is a cropdusting plane who dreams of competing in a famous aerial race. The problem? He is hopelessly afraid of heights. With the support of his mentor Skipper and a host of new friends, Dusty sets off to make his dreams come true. Stars the voices of Val Kilmer, Teri Hatcher. Rated PG.
• Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters 2D & 3D — In order to restore their dying safe haven, the son of Poseidon and his friends embark on a quest to find the mythical Golden Fleece while trying to stop an ancient evil. Stars Alexandra Daddario, Logan Lerman. Rated PG.
• 2 Guns — A DEA agent and a naval intelligence officer find themselves on the run after a botched attempt to infiltrate a drug cartel. While fleeing, they learn the secret of their shaky alliance: Neither knew that the other was an undercover agent. Stars Denzel Washington, Mark Wahlberg. Rated R.
• We’re the Millers — A veteran pot dealer creates a fake family as part of his plan to move a huge shipment of weed into the U.S. from Mexico. Stars Jennifer Aniston, Jason Sudeikis. Rated R.
• Elysium — A factory worker takes on a mission to hijack his way onto a man-made space habitat. Stars Matt Damon, Jodie Foster. Rated R.
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at the Eastland Four discount movies. For show times, call 918-333-3222.
• Iron Man 3 — When Tony Stark’s world is torn apart by a formidable terrorist called the Mandarin, he starts an odyssey of rebuilding and retribution. Stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow. Rated PG13.
• Man of Steel — A young journalist is forced to confront his secret extraterrestrial heritage when Earth is invaded by members of his race. Stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams. Rated PG13.
• Star Trek into Darkness — Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction. Stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana. Rated PG13.
• Epic — A teenager finds herself transported to a deep forest setting where a battle between the forces of good and the forces of evil is taking place. Stars the voices of Colin Farrell, Josh Hutcherson, Beyoncé Knowles. Rated PG.
• The Croods — The world’s very first prehistoric family goes on a road trip to an uncharted world. Stars Nicolas Cage, Ryan Reynolds, Emma Stone. Rated PG.
(Synopses from www.imdb.com)