‘This is the End,’ ‘Man of Steel’ start Friday
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Man of Steel 2d and 3D — A young journalist is forced to confront his secret extraterrestrial heritage when Earth is invaded by members of his race. Stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams. Rated PG13.
• This is the End — While attending a party at James Franco’s house, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel and many other celebrities are faced with the apocalypse. Also stars Jonah Hill, Michael Cera. Rated R.
• The Internship — Two salesmen whose careers have been torpedoed by the digital age find their way into a coveted internship at Google, where they must compete with a group of young, tech-savvy geniuses for a shot at employment. Stars Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn. Rated PG13.
• The Purge — A family is held hostage for harboring the target of a murderous syndicate during the Purge, a 12-hour period in which any and all crime is legalized. Stars Ethan H awke, Lena Headey. Rated R.
• After Earth — A crash landing leaves Kitai Raige and his father Cypher stranded on Earth, 1,000 years after events forced humanity’s escape. With Cypher injured, Kitai must embark on a perilous journey to signal for help. Stars Jaden Smit h, Will Smith. Rated PG13.
• Now You See Me — An FBI agent and an Interpol detective track a team of illusionists who pull off bank heists during their performances and reward their audiences with the money. Stars Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson. Rated PG13.
• Fast and the Furious 6 — Agent Luke Hobbs enlists Dominic Toretto and his team to bring down former Special Ops soldier Owen Shaw, leader of a unit specializing in vehicular warfare. Stars Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Paul Walker. Rated PG13.
• Star Trek Into Darkness — After the crew of the Enterprise find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction. Stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana. Rated PG13.
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at the Eastland Four discount movies. For show times, call 918-333-3222.
• The Croods — The world’s very first prehistoric family goes on a road trip to an uncharted and fantastical world. Stars Nicolas Cage, Ryan Reynolds, Emma Stone. Rated PG.
• Oblivion — A veteran assigned to extract Earth’s remaining resources begins to question what he knows about his mission and himself. Stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Olga Kurylenko.Rated PG13.
• Olympus Has Fallen — Disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped inside the White House in the wake of a terrorist attack. Stars Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman. Rated R.
• Oz the Great and Powerful — A small-time magician arrives in an enchanted land and is forced to decide if he will be a good man or a great one. Stars James Franco, Michelle Williams, Rachel Weisz. Rated PG.
(Synopses from www.imdb.com)