The Pawhuska High School wrestling team lost to the Bartlesville High School grapplers, 81-0, Monday night in Bartlesville.

It was Bartlesville High School’s Wrestling Senior Night dual.

Taking on a very shorthanded Pawhuska High School team, the Bruins rolled to victory — including eight wins by forfeit and five pins.

The visiting Huskies displayed plenty of grit and determination — but the Bruins, toughened by grueling schedule of duals and tournaments against some of the state’s top grapplers, took care of business in front of a large homecrowd at the Phillips Fieldhouse.

The competition began with Bartlesville’s David Boucher taking on Pawhuska’s Landon McCartney in the 106-pound division.

Boucher powered to a quick 5-0 lead and remained in front at the end of the opening period, 8-0.

McCartney lasted most the second period before Boucher racked up a pin with 57 seconds remaining.

Bruin Corwin Strachan hunkered down in the 113-pound division to face Pawhuska’s Ryan Parks.

Strachan led at the first period’s end, 6-0; Parks barely avoided a pin in the final seconds of the round.

Strachan built his lead to 12-0 prior to pinning Parks with only 24 ticks remaining in the second period.

Returning Class 6A state placer Laif Jones jumped on the mat next for the Bruins to face Pawhuska’ Marshall Corwin.

Jones led 12-0 prior to recording a pin with 53 seconds remaining in the first period.

Bartlesville then collected a long string of forfeits — Noah Schaper (126), Brayden Strachan (132), Ashton Becker (138), Reed Blackard (145), Brody Lawson (152) and Laken Clowdus (160).

The action resumed in the 170-pound showdown between Bartlesville’s Austin Manley and Pawhuska’s Bryce Drummond.

The pair scrapped vigorously until Manley ended it with a pin with just six seconds remaining in the first period.

At 182 pounds, Bartlesville’s Peter McGonigal collected a forfeit, as did Lukas Hammack at 195 pounds.

Bartlesville’s Blake Buoy and Pawhuska’s Dylan Doyle went at it at 220 pounds.

The two gladiators remained on their feet the entire first period, which ended with a 0-0 tie.

No one also scored in the second period, although a lot of action took place on the mat, with Buoy appearing to have the advantage.

The third period began with a scoreless tie, 0-0, and Doyle in the up position.

But, 15 seconds into the period Buoy earned an escape point to go ahead, 1-0.

He forced Doyle into another upright struggle for most the final period. But, without about 20 seconds remaining, Buoy recorded a takedown and went on to win, 3-0.

The match ended with Bruin heavyweight Rylan Reynolds facing Pawhuska’s Kienan Chieves.

The pair were tied, 0-0, at the end of a feeling-out first period.

In the second period, Reynolds collected early an escape point to go ahead, and went ahead 4-0 by the end of the period.

Reynolds brought down the curtain with a pin about midway through the third period, to wrap up Bartlesville’s 81-0 win.