I want to thank everyone that attended and donated to the Fall Carnival, it was a huge success! Congratulations to the 2018 Fall Queen Lynleigh Robinson and King Gavin Wood!
November is going to be a busy month!
• Wednesday, the American Red Cross will be presenting a project to Ms. Clark’s third- and fourth-grade students.
• The high school students will attend a College Fair at the Pawhuska Fairgrounds on Thursday. The bus will leave at noon. Permission slips were sent home on Monday.
• An assembly will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, with a very special guest — Ms. Oklahoma! We are inviting all parents and community members to attend.
• Veterans Assembly on Friday at 2:45 p.m. All veterans and community members to attend are invited to attend.
• The eighth-graders will attend the annual Tri County Technology Scavenger Hunt on Nov. 13. The bus will leave at 10:45 a.m.
• Jostens will present class rings to the sophomores at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 14 and senior apparel, announcements, etc at 1 p.m.
• Nov. 15, the pre-k through sixth-graders will attend “Straw Into Gold” at The Constantine Theater in Pawhuska, starring our own Samuel Shaw.
• Nov. 16, Jostens will return for students to place orders for class rings and senior announcements, apparel.
• Picture retakes, class photos, and sports photos will be on Nov. 16.
• Thanksgiving Break is Nov. 19-23.
Attendance is very important to get a quality education and important for students when becoming adults. Please have your children at school everyday. Schedule appointments early in the morning or late afternoon so they do not have to miss the entire day of school. A change in attendance this year from the State Department of Education is suspended students’ absences count against them this year. In previous years, they were taken off roll during their suspension, but that has changed. Once your child has missed five days, you will receive a warning letter if additional days are missed, you will be required to attend Truancy Court in Pawhuska. Please remember every three tardies equal an absence.
As an incentive for the second quarter of school, students who do not miss more than one day and no more than one tardy for the quarter will attend a movie with popcorn and pop free. Encourage your children to earn this incentive.
The monthly assembly will follow at 2:45 p.m. for the entire school. This assembly is to celebrate birthdays for the month of October, recognize all students of the month, and any other recognition of students and or teachers and staff. Make plans to attend.
Congratulations to the following for receiving the HONOR OF OCTOBER STUDENT OF THE MONTH:
Pre-k - Jayden Christianson
Kindergarten - Madison Bradford
First - Jordan Denton
Second - Hunter Lawson
Third - Mason Young
Fourth - Reagan King
Junior High - Kali Rhynes
High School - Sammy Myers
Congratulations to Kassidee Chouteau for receiving Student of the Month for October at Tri County Technology Center!
Congratulations to Samuel Shaw for playing a main role in “Straw Into Gold” at the Constantine Theater.