Chamber of Commerce welcomes new members
Welcome to our newest Chamber Members: Kiwanis Club, Tallgrass Prairie Flowers, Osage Hills State Park, Pawhuska Public School Foundation, TAT Oilfield Services LLC and Timmons Oil Company Inc. We look forward to doing business with all of you!
Cedar Ridge Music Makers
Cedar Ridge is having music makers the 1st Saturday of every month from 1 – 5 and 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 9 a.m. – noon. Everyone is welcomed to join them.
Literacy Council tutoring
Do you know someone who needs a little encouragement? Pawhuska Literacy Council is having a tutoring for all areas of interest offered. At the safe room Cedar Ridge. Wednesday and Friday at 3 p.m. Pre-GED, Math, Basic Reading and Writing, Reading for fun, and Reading for Work. No cost for service and everyone is welcome.
GFWC Heeko Clean Up Pawhuska
The first Saturday of every month, meet at the Flagpole (Veteran’s Park) Main and Lynn to help GFWC Heeko clean up Pawhuska. 9 a.m. We welcome all groups, clubs, and teams. Bring the family. For more information, call 918-287-3862 or 9182874633
Friday, June 14
· 10 a.m. - 4pm Registration at the Osage County Fairgrounds Ag Building
· 10 a.m. - 2pm Ag and Western Trade Show at the Osage County Fairgrounds Ag building and Women’s Building
· 12 p.m. - Cattlemen’s luncheon and hall of fame induction ceremony, Osage County Fairgrounds Ag Building
· Aprox. 2 p.m. – Oil and Gas committee Meeting and Update
· 6 p.m. - OCCA Ranch Rodeo
Saturday, June 15
· 8 a.m. - Complimentary Ranch Tour Breakfast, hosted by Triangle Serum
· 9 a.m. - Ranch Tour, Northwestern Osage County
· 12:30 p.m. - Barbecue Lunch, Osage County Fairgrounds Ag Building
· 1:30 p.m. - Introduction of Ben Johnson Steer Roping, Osage County Fairgrounds Women’s Building
· 2 p.m. - Junior Steer Roping Kid’s Dummy Roping- Osage County Fairgrounds Outdoor Arena
· 3 p.m. - 60th Annual Ben Johnson Steer Roping- Osage County Fairgrounds Outdoor Arena
· 8 p.m. - Open Air Western Dance (after roping), Trent Willmon, Osage County Fairground Outdoor Stage
Bring your own lawn chairs for the dance and tour. For any other questions, please contact Jeanne Strom at 918-287-4170
Lil’ Mister & Miss Juneteenth Pageant - June 15
Lil’ Mister & Miss Juneteenth Pageant, 10 a.m. - noon, Attucks Community Center, 1001 S 12th Street, Ponca City, Overall Appearance Contest - Fee $15.00, Talent Event - additional $10.00; five age groups from 0 - 13 years; Entry Deadline June 5, 2013; Pageant Flyer and Entry Form may be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org; for all other info contact Ca’Trina Rathbun 580-716-5451.
WAHZHAZHE an Osage Ballet Auditions - June 17
WAHZHAZHE an Osage Ballet Auditions, Osage Cultural Center. 1449 W. Main St. Pawhuska, Ok 74056. Ages 6-10 Registration: 5:30 – 6:00. Audition: 6:00 – 7:00. Ages 10+ Registration 6:30-7:00 and Audition 7:00-8:00. Clothes you can move comfortably in, No jeans. If you do not own dance shoes, bring a pair of socks. We are looking for boys and girls ages 6 and up. No dance experience needed. Students will be required to attend all rehearsals and performances.
CAMP McFADDEN - June 17 through Aug. 2
CAMP McFADDEN Summer Camp Schedule: Short Session 6 - 9 years, June 17 - 19; 1 Week Sessions 8 - 15 years, June 23 through August 2; Activities include Low & High Elements Ropes Course, Nature Center, Archery, Canoeing & Kayaking, Hiking, and so much more. For info call 580-762-9955 or www.campmcfadden.com.
Kiwanis Fishing Derby - June 19
The Kiwanis Club of Pawhuska is sponsoring a free fishing derby for youngsters. 6:00 pm to 8pm at the smaller Osage Nation Pont (northwest of the Osage Tribal Museum) Oklahoma Fish and Wildlife will provide poles, bait, and training. Free Hotdogs and lemonade will be available. Children under 6 must be accompanied with an adult. Questions, Call Patsy Simmons at 918-287-2105
Noodling Tournament - June 22
2nd Annual Shidler Volunteer Fire Department "Noodling Tournament" at Pioneer Cove Marina on Kaw Lake - Weigh-In 7 p.m. Rules: Noodlers must obey ALL Oklahoma Wildlife Regulations; 3 Flathead Catfish per team limit; No additional or trade-out of fish after initial weigh-in; Noodlers must fish in Oklahoma; Fish MUST be caught within 24 hours; all fish must be alive at weigh-in; 1st Place - $1,000; Largest Catfish - $250:00. 2 Man Team Entry Fee $100.00 check/money order payable to Shidler Volunteer Fire Dept and mailed to P.O. Box 571, Shidler OK 74652, Attn: Todd Roe. For info call 918-691-4920. Entry Deadline Monday, June 17, 2013.