LIONS CLUB TO HOLD PANCAKE DAY FUNDRAISER
The Lions Club is holding a pancake day fundraiser from 7 a.m. to noon on Saturday, April 5, at the Elks Lodge. The venue changed this year due to the closing of the Senior Citizens building. Tickets are $5.
FARMERS MARKET TO HOLD SIGNUPS FOR VENDORS
Calling all farmers and local growers.
Farmers Market Board will be holding a farmer signup session for potential vendors. The signup will be held from 9-11 a.m. April 5 at the Osage County Health Department.
ESA TO HOST DINNER AND STYLE SHOW
The Pawhuska ESA Chapter will host a dinner and style show on April 7 at the Methodist Family Life Center, 621 Leahy. The event will kick off at 6 p.m. and will feature fashions from two Pawhuska businesses as well as Barnsdall and Ponca City.
ESA (Alpha Zeta Chapter of Epsilon Sigma Alpha) is a philanthropic organization. The Pawhuska chapter has been serving the community for over four decades. Monies raised from this event will used for their numerous ongoing service projects.
Advance tickets are $8 and are available from any ESA member. Tickets at the door will be $10. For more information, contact Janette Murray at 918-287-2417 or Debbie Reed at 918-287-3507.
P.E.O. TO HOLD BRIDGE TO FRIENDSHIP
P.E.O. Sisters and Friends are invited to the group’s 6th Annual Bridge Fest, Bridge to Friendship, starting at 10 a.m. April 12 at the Velma B. Oakes Family Life Center. Directions are: From Hwy. 60, north on Leahy, to southeast corner of 7th Street.
Dress for the event is casual. Four game contract progressive Bridge, including progress on tables and change partners. There will be two levels of play for seasoned and beginners. Cash prizes will be given for first and second places in both levels and various other prizes.
The tournament fee of $25 covers breakfast rolls, coffee and tea, snacks and drinks throughout the day, and lunch.
For information call Betty Russell at 918-287-1717 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a P.E.O. State chapter approved fundraiser to provide educational assistance to women.
TCTC OFFERS CLASSES AT PAWHUSKA BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Tri County Technology Center is planning to offer classes at the Pawhuska Business Development Center, 1225 Virginia Short Street, Pawhuska, OK 74056. For information, call 918-287-3357 or email email@example.com.
The following classes will be offered:
• Canning Basics — 6-9 p.m. April 1, cost is $39. Learn basic techniques to easily preserve home grown or local farm stand veggies into healthy canned food. Control all of the ingredients, including salt and sugar, and do it with no added preservatives.
• PowerPoint 2010 — 4-7 p.m. April 8 and 10, cost is $59. Learn how to navigate through a slide show and become acquainted with PowerPoint’s most popular on-screen features and views. Explore templates to help get a quick start on a new presentation. Insert and control the placement of slides, text, and graphics. Students will also learn to modify content and explore printing options.
• Excel 2010 — 5-8 p.m. April 22 and 24, cost is $59. This course is for those who are new to Microsoft Excel 2010. Topics introduced will include the Ribbon interface; entering and editing data; selecting cells and ranges; printing worksheets; creating formulas and functions’ formatting cell contents’ inserting and deleting columns, rows, and cells; charts and more. These skills could be helpful in the workplace.
• Social Media for Dummies — 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays April 22 through May 6, cost is $35. Confused by all the different forms of social media available? Wonder what all the hype is over Facebook and Pinterest? Learn how to Skype with family members and loved ones. In this slow-paced, easy-to-follow class, students will learn how to use these forms of social media in everyday life.
• Smartphones for Dummies Level 1 — 6-8 p.m. April 24, cost is $35. This class is developed to help students understand how to operate the basics of a smartphone. Bring phone and any specific questions.
• Computers for Beginners Level 2 — 4-6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays April 28 through June 2, cost is $139. As a continuation of Computers for Beginners Level 1, students will cover the basics of the Internet and learn how to use it as well as email. The 10 sessions will cover online shopping, exploring sites such as eBay and Craigslist, and will teach students how to communicate with friends and family via social media sites such as YouTube and Facebook.
CALVARY BAPTIST TO HOST REVIVAL
Revival services with Scott Watkins, pastor of Terlton First Baptist Church, will be held at 7 p.m. March 30 through April 2 at Calvary Baptist Church, Pawhuska, located at 15th and Lynn Ave. For more information, call 918-287-3804.