(Submitted by Shelley Shulanberger, superintendent)
On Thursday, prekindergarten and kindergarten graduation starts at 6:30 p.m. in the new gym.
Friday is the last day of school! School awards ceremonies are to be held that day. The elementary assembly begins at 9 a.m. and the junior high and high school awards will follow immediately afterward.
Eighth-grade and 12th-grade graduations will begin in the new gym at 7 p.m. Friday.
Crala Marlin and Amanda Stansberry posted the schedule for the upcoming Wynona Founders Day celebration, which will be held June 10. It starts off with a parade at 10 a.m.
Here’s the rest of the schedule:
• 10:30 a.m.: Announce the winners of the Little Mr and Little Miss Wynona
• 11 a.m.: Turtle races
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: lunch sponsored by the Wynona Volunteer Fire Department. $5 for hamburger, fries and a drink
• 12:30 p.m.: Softball game
• 2 p.m.: Horseshoe tournament, $20 per team, prize is a T-shirt
• 4 p.m.: Cornhole tournament, $20 team, prize T-shirt
• 6 p.m.: Dinner with a barbecue sandwich, chips and a drink, sponsored by the Founders Day Committee for $5 a plate.
• 6 - 9 p.m.: Family games and activities
• 9 p.m. until 1 a.m.: Street dance with Bruce A. Dycus and the Mercenaries.
For more information contact Amanda Stansberry at 918-636-6584 or Crala Marlin at 918-844-9383.
On Friday night, June 9th, there is the Second Annual Founders Day 3 on 3 Basketball tournament in the Wynona gymnasium with 5:15 until 5:45 p.m. sign waivers and 6 p.m. tipoff. It is a double elimination, max 4 player per team. $10 per player, $1 gate charge for non-players. Winning team will receive T-shirts. Contact Stansberry or Marlin for more information.
FEED THE KIDS
The Town of Wynona is going to be hosting a program this summer called Feed the Kids. Several groups are sponsoring this program. The meals will be brought to the town hall once or twice a week and all kids 18 and under are invited to come and eat. They have to eat their meal on the premises. The meal will be a sandwich, fruit and a drink, or something similar. In addition to the meal, occasionally, the kids will be given extra food or prizes to take home. If anyone has children 18 and under that would come and be a part of our program, contact Tennie Slone at Wynona Town Hall 918-846-2526 right away, we need to get a count of how many are interested.
DOGS LOOSE AGAIN!
There have been lots of complaints about people letting their dogs run at large. There is a leash law in Wynona. People need to keep their dogs on a leash or secured in their yards. Some kids playing in their own yards have been scared by these dogs. Everyone, please, keep your dogs tied up.