My Mama was a big fan of "Snick-Snacks!" Whenever our tummies would get that late afternoon rumble, Mama would suggest we "just tide ourselves over ‘til dinner and have a little snick-snack."
I can safely assume snick-snacks were ADULT-ONLY morsels, for as a child anything consumed before dinner would certainly "ruin my appetite!" She had multiple ideas for seeing us through those afternoon sinking-spells and I’d give anything to partake of some with her this very day. I do believe even Sissy Core would put her stamp of approval on the following recipe.
• Use as many club crackers as you need for those you are serving. There is no set amount. I would mention that I prefer Keebler Original.
• Cut Brie cheese into thin wedges
• Arrange the crackers in a single layer on a jelly roll pan or other such shallow baking pan. Top the cracker with the cheese.
• Dollop on some apricot or peach preserves then sprinkle on some finely chopped pecans.
• Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 3 or 4 minutes just until the cheese starts to melt and the preserves are getting a little bubbly.